Sunday 16 September 2012

Lots of quilting!!

Hi !! I know I've not posted for a while but I've had no motivation to do any quilting this last few weeks:( I've sat at my machine a few times but have had no desire to do it! Very weird!! So rather than make a mess of my work I've had a break and then yesterday and today I'm back with a vengeance!!!
I decided to quilt the entire middle of my quilt with loopy line and hearts and the border is going to be segmented with my quilt along practice!!
So I've done bare branches, paisley, cucumber vine, lava paisley and tree roots!!!
I now know how much I've improved since following the quilt along as I had previously tried paisley and, well, to be blunt it looked nothing like but today it looked ok!! More practice needed but I'm well on my way!!!
I've not been linking up much as I don't have any UFO's but this quilt which is my WIP. So I took advice and am using the quilt to practice on as well. I like this idea as my quilts will then show the story of my learning and improvements!!
Here are a few pics and would love your feedback!!
Toodles

2 comments:

  1. I just love the cucumber vine, and I haven't tried it yet. I was out of town the week that was featured and haven't had time to go back. I also love your lava paisley! That looks really cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen thanks very much for the comments you must try the cucumber vine it's really nice to quilt! I think it's one of my favourites now x

    ReplyDelete