Sunday 7 October 2012

finished!!

Well I've finally finished my WIP. I've learnt so much on this quilt and feel that my FMQ has massively improved. I used a light brown binding to try to bring out the chocolate brown in the sashing where I did most of the intricate FMQ. Here it is finally finished and proudly sits on my bed.
 Here is a close up of the sashing with the FMQ.
I also finished my WIP knitting. It is a little garter knit vest made from alpaca wool and I adore it, it is so soft and cuddly.
So now onto my next WIP/ UFO. This is a little bed runner for my best friend for christmas and I started to cut the pieces a few week ago but got bored with it. I must say cutting isn't my favourite bit!!  It's made with bits I saved from my favourite fabrics and hopefully when done with look a bit vintage- that's the plan anyway!!
My computer won't let me turn the pic the right way so this is on its side ha ha the columns run down and it's going to have a copper coloured sashing all round it.

So again a pretty good productive Sunday and hopefully next week I'll cut and pieced the sashing and basted the quilt ready for my favourite part of FMQing!!! since I did the wholecloth I think I like those the best I find cutting and piecing drags a bit.

I had a look at sew cal gals blog and the October challenge and saw the wholecloth Terri did, it's absolutely beautiful. Black fabric with different coloured threads to make the wholecloth look like a stunning piece and it really makes the FMQ stitches pop right out at you. I really think I'd like to give this a go so I'll have to save some pennies for some more Isacord thread in different colours and some black fabric. can't wait to try it and if you've not seen it definitely take a look at sew cal gals blog for the picture.

Right am off to start making Sunday lunch and a big chocolate beer bread and butter pudding!!!! YUM YUM
toodles

2 comments:

  1. Way to go finishing such a beautiful quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome FMQ, and I love the rich brown you used. Yay for finishes!

    ReplyDelete