Sunday 14 October 2012

Anniversary time!!

Hi well it was my third wedding anniversary on wednesday!!! 3 years!! Where did it go?? We've been together for 14 years but obviously he took his time to make sure I was the right one ha ha.
I think I may try to do a wholecloth for my 4th as I couldn't quilt when I got married so this may be a nice way to celebrate the anniversary! Mmmm ill have a think and see what designs I like! The trip to Oxford and Cambridge was for our anniversary so we had a take away and watched a film which was lovely.

Well I've not really done much quilting or knitting this week but I'm shortly going to start making the sashing for the bed runner I'm making so then it will be ready for either basting and quilting next week depending on how far I get today.

Here are a couple of pics of my homework from the free motion quilting project from last week, we did flowing lines and this really did look fab in the sashing of my quilt so this is definately one that is going to be used again.
I also tried some basic spirals to see if I could do this as previous attempts had been horrendous. This time was much better and I just felt more in control of what I was doing.
Again I loved this and think it looks so effective in the sashing.

I'm going to have to hurry up with the bed runner so I can practice some more, me and my mum are going to the knitting and stitching show in Harrogate in November  and they do quilting things too so I'm hoping to pick up some fabric so I can do some of the block of the month on craftsy and can then use these for quilting practice too.
I've been busy trawling Ravelry for patterns so that I have a shopping list of yarn to buy at the show and I've chosen a beautiful cardigan from Brooklyn tweed called Perry. If you've never seen any Brooklyn tweed patterns definitely take a lot. The yarn is not cheap but obviously you could substitute for cheaper.

Anyway, must get cracking on the bed runner!!!!!
Toodles

No comments:

Post a Comment