Sunday 2 December 2012

lost my quilting mojo

do you remember me??? I know I've been away for so long and have done so much but not much quilting as my quilting mojo disappeared. It seems like I either have a knitting mojo or a quilting mojo and the knitting mojo is here with a vengeance!!!
well since I last posted I have been to France to see my brother and had a fab few days, of course I bought some fabric as its so cheap over there and I made these placemats. I used the craftsy block of the month design for these to try something different. What do you think?

As you can see I integrated the matrix design from the quilt along with Leah day and I loved this design its so simple yet so effective. These just need binding now and have become a UFO so really need to get this done.

The other thing I have been really struggling to finish is the bed runner which is a christmas present for my friend. I am really struggling to be inspired by this and consequently get it finished!! maybe its because it's not for me!!! selfish quilting syndrome!!




As you can see I've managed to do a fair amount of quilting on this and have used it to try out new designs. I did the spiral design from this weeks quilt along with Leah and used some favourite stippling to crack this quilt out. I'm sort of disapointed with my quilting on this as I don't feel that I was up to scratch for me really. All I can think is that mojo has gone for a bit and I've not got the same ooomph for it and I don't know why!!! anyone else get this from time to time.

Anyway,, me and my mum also went to the knitting and stitching show for the first time in Harrogate. IT WAS FABBBB!!! if you have never been you got to go and try it. Both of my hobbies were catered for and I was spoilt for choice!! the amount of money I could have spent on fabric and wool, I would have needed to get a loan !! seriously it was massive. We got there at 10 am and already the car park was full and by dinner time you couldn't walk anywhere without struggling past people. I treated myself to quite a bit of wool as sometimes I prefer to feel the wool which you can't do online so I bought some Jamiesons of shetland spindrift for a beautiful brooklyn tweed pattern, some fantastic malabrigo sock yarn for a rock and purl jumper which I love. Also bought my mothers christmas pressie but I can't tell you what it is in case she reads this (hello mum!!!) and we both contributed to some interchangeable circular needles. I've also bought some malabrigo worsted yarn which is so snuggly soft for another brooklyn tweed pattern called bedford which I can't wait to cast on. I've also finished my perry cardigan which I knit in an english wool called lanark wool which is another brooklyn tweed pattern. what do you think?
See can't you tell my mojo has switched back to knitting!!!! well i suppose I've only got 2 hands haven't I!!!

well I will try to keep this updated more and I hope you've enjoyed reading my escapades.
toodles

12 comments:

  1. I can relate to that selfish quilting syndrome, except mine seems to work the opposite way. If I am making something for someone else, it goes to the front of the list and gets all the attention. I have about half a dozen quilts I have made for myself that are languishing UFO's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi jen if we worked together we could get all the projects done ha ha

      Delete
  2. I love your placemats and they look like fun to make. I'm hoping that your quilty mo-jo comes back long enough for you to finish your Christmas gift! Great quilting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too deb its not fun with no mojo!!! the placemats were fun to do and very quick and easy . I thought it was a good way to use the BOM rather than a quilt and can still practice Leah Days quilting on it

      Delete
  3. Love the placemats! That is a cool pattern on the Craftsy BOM. Where did you find inexpensive fabric in France? I go there often and usually find the fabric prices prohibitive.

    The quilting on the bed runner is great! Good job! I am adding a border to my stars quilt, so will be doing a sampler of quilting patterns on that. I hope to get started in time to post on the quilt along this week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi there and thanks for the compliments. My brother lives in Roanne and my sister in law took me to 2 shops one was more expensive than the other. the cheaper one I got a meter each of 3 different fabrics 100% cotton for 7 euros for the lot. she sometimes reads this blog so Maud if you see this, what is the name of the shop :) good luck with your stars and I'll check out your blog for a peek x

      Delete
  4. Gread FMQ! And where did you find inexpensive fabric in France/Europe???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi ratama see above reply for the cheap fabric. thanks so much for the compliment on the quilting and thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. hi karin hope your ok I'll hop onto your blog and have a looksee how your doing x

      Delete
  6. I enjoyed seeing how you were using Leah Day's quilting lessons to get through a project. And I enjoyed hearing about your knitting too. I do both as well. And I'm equally inconsistent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stella I'm so pleased to meet another knitting quilter :) share some of your knitting too, I know where to come if i need any advice on it now ha ha x isn't it difficult to share the mojo with the two, its either one or the other !!!!

      Delete